Topic author
Gen Stranger
KAB Administrator
Zodiac: Gemini

Cod4x Server Windows and Linux

Post by Gen Stranger » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 pm

you can also get the latest version at https://cod4x.me/

Setting up a Call of Duty 4 server with Cod4x 1.8

You also require the base game to run a server. Copy every .iwd file in cod4directory/main/ to serverdirectory/main/. Also copy everything inside cod4directory/zone to serverdirectory/zone.

Now you can run the server with ./cod4x18_dedrun +map mp_killhouse. If you are running a local server on Windows use cod4x18_dedrun.exe +map mp_killhouse +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 127.0.0.1. Join the server with your client via the console (^) by typing /connect 127.0.0.1 (if hosted locally), and see if you can join the server.

Hint: you probably want to run the server on a separate user. Please don't run the server (any server) as root. That would be a major security threat.
Gen Stranger
Stranger-KAB

Topic author
Gen Stranger
KAB Administrator
Zodiac: Gemini

Re: Cod4x Server Windows and Linux

Post by Gen Stranger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 am

for server admins using bans
this is from the cod4x.me site on how to use the new ban system
legacybanlist

-> This plugin has the purpose to read the old banlist.dat -> This plugin is only needed if you had CoD4X18 server with bans before version 15.9. CoD4X17a banlists have to be discarded. -> The banlist is in read only mode and not used to add new bans. Just to enforce the old bans.

How to use? Make sure banlist.dat is in cod4 root directory. Put into your server.cfg file the line: loadplugin legacybanlist
simplebanlist

-> Works like the old banlist but stores playerids which is the new format and replaces GUIDs -> Can be used with legacybanlist together -> Each server needs its own banlist. Symlinking can broke it sooner or later.

How to use? Make sure banlist.dat is in cod4 root directory. Put into your server.cfg file the line: loadplugin simplebanlist -> It will create a file called banlist_v2.dat
I use just the loadplugin simplebanlist in my server config
after that you should be able to ban someone and it will stick!
Gen Stranger
Stranger-KAB