Steam and Cod4x admin sectionRe: Download Steam and make yourself admin of the server

Needed to become cod4x admin

Topic author
Gen Stranger
KAB Administrator

Re: Download Steam and make yourself admin of the server

Post by Gen Stranger »

this may confuse you but cod4x has built in admin commands which I could not find on the cod4x web site

you can try the following to activate it BUT YOU MUST HAVE STEAM RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND or they will not work!

after you make yourself an admin you can make others an admin as long as they have steam running in the background

to use the admin secton you first have to make yourself and admin

password below is your rcon password

use /rcon login password to login to rcon

then type /rcon ademinaddadmin your name and power
example /rcon adminaddadmin flywheel 100 (can be a number between 1 and 100 with 100 being like a superadmin) make sure you give yourself 100

after that all admin commands are done in chat starting with $ at the command begining
so $status done in chat is a valid command that is done by those with power 100
$cmdlist in chat will show what you can do as an admin or a non admin (note the power is 1 for that command)
$getss power needed is 45 in my example
$getss flywheel will take a screenshot of flywheel
$getss all will take a screenshot of everyone in the server
$map_rotate takes the power of 100
$map_rotate will rotate the maps
these are just examples of how to use the commands
in a text editor look at nvconfig_v3.dat in your cod4x directory for the admin commands

here is some of what the file on my system looks like (yours will or may be different)

looking at the below the power for my adminaddadmin is 95 so any admin made with power 95 can make an admin

the power needed for $status is 100 so only those with power 100 can use that

$cmdlist has a power of 1 so anyone can use it and it will show what they can do

\power\95\cmd\AdminAddAdmin\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\100\cmd\status\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\1\cmd\cmdlist\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\45\cmd\getss\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\100\cmd\consay\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\1\cmd\stats\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\100\cmd\map_rotate\type\cmdMinPower\

once again here is how to do it
join your game and login to rcon by opening the console (shift ~ ) then type --- /rcon login your-rcon-password
next in console type /rcon adminaddadmin your name 100
scroll to the bottom of the console and you should see if it took or it will show what the error was and tell you what you need.
I use the mouse wheel to scroll the screen

if all went well you should see all the commands when you type $cmdlist in the console or in chat but in chat it will scroll so fast and you will have to open the console to see it by scrolling to the bottom,
Hope that helps you or anyone else

also after your an admin you do not have to use rcon anymore just $ and the command

one command I like is $undercover which is used when your in spectate and it makes you invisible to all in the server as long as you stay in spectate
Gen Stranger
Stranger-KAB